8.24.2011

Hair bleach / color kit review ....

Product: :" Splat " rebellious colors
Color: Luscious Rasberries 
Location: Cvs
Price: 10.99




I had been wanting a change so I decided to take a big step and bleach my hair after about 10 months of going natural.I was really sick and tired of looking at my hair so plain and just growing  so slowly threw the growing process  , SoI just went on and did it.In the beginning I used a bleach number ( 30 ) with a powder developer and to my surprise my hair turned orange lol.I was like " uuuum ok " this is so not the bright yellow I was looking for but I didn't trip and I worked with it.I had also gotten a  rinse that I had gotten from the beauty supply and the color was labeled " fruit punch pink " I kinda knew it wouldn't be a bright bright pink and I just knew once I put it in my hair it would not turn out like I wanted because of the orange, but I did it anyway.The turn out was a very dull / reddish pink.Al tho I really didn't like it because I was very disappointed that it was more red than pink ,I rocked it anyway.So about 2 weeks had gone by and after the color had worn out I was asking around what could i possibly could do to get the orange out of my hair .A few people were telling me " get a toner " and In my head I already knew that I would just bleach it again, I just didn't know how I would go about doing it and how soon but i never got the toner.So the other day I just happen to be in cvs and walking down the ille where they have the hair products and at the very bottom shelf I saw a bright red hair bleaching / dye kit , and I was like " I had to have it " so I got it.The price was very reasonable and I couldn't pass it up.I sat there a few hours thinking , do I really wanna do this and the next day I took a shot at it.I put the peroxide liquid they provided on and left it for about 40 mins. and my hair instantaneously turned a bright yellowish color and I was so satisfied with the turn out because I knew with this light color the red would bang.SO after I washed my hair I put the red dye on ( using a brush that you use to apply perms,dyes etc.) and let it sit for about 2 hours.When I washed my hair I can say that this is the most intense red I have ever seen , this red is beautiful.I absolutely love this color.As you could see the red was bright before I washed it out , but the after affect is so much better.I am so happy I didn't give up , and that I gave this brand a try it was totally worth the money and time.On the side of the box it says that they have a pink kit that I will be researching very soon since its the initial color I wanted bu for now " I'm fire red baby "   


Would I recommend " Yes " why because the price and color is great
What I would say is , have a great hair conditioner this kinda drys your hair out but this could be because I have done it 2 times , I noticed the first time I did it my hair was not as dry but I am using " blue magic " hair dressing to keep mine moisturized
Be careful , your edges can and will easily stain, so beware getting this on your hair line,this is a very strong in color " dye " so be care full to cover up when applying this so you don't stain your neck and chest if any happens to fall.




Picture 1:First attempt @ the bleaching / rinse process
Picture 2.Second attempt with " splat " 

w