8.10.2011

Truth or The Wrong Perception ...

I was shipping some orders and as I was leaving the post office  there was a woman out side with a tiny strap green dress on and an old white bra that looked as black as her shoes that looked as if they have been walked on for miles , she had very very  scraggly hands , legs and feet and clearly seemed to be a   street walker and possible prostitute I assumed.Me I had on some really cute makeup of course seeing as how I always have to wear it just to advertise even if i know im not going any where important I still have to look my best at all times, ya know.so back to this homeless woman she approached me and I almost said " I don't have it " just guessing she was gonna beg for money but I didn't say anything and I let her talk." Hey sweet heart " she says " Hi " I replied and in the back of my mind im like man oh man i do not want to be smelling like cigarettes lol but I stood there and spoke to her and she proceeded to tell me how I was so beautiful  she loved my makeup and how she remembers how she was back in the day and how she has really let herself go.I replied " its ok we all make mistakes in life your still beautiful " and she just bust out in tears ,Im like ooh  geeesh what have I done this is not Oprah , in between her rambling about her past ,I  asked her " did she wear makeup "and she said " yes I do my johns love me to doll myself up " I just do a little lip stick and call it a day " and I replied " well since your out here and you have to look your best , I make makeup and she said " really da*n  girl you make that s*it and I said yeah I do and she said , well let me see what you got , so i proceed to go into my trunk about 20 feet away to get my small box of makeup .Mind you im thinking in my head , what am I doing and why am I wasting my time but I went on and  showed her a set ( just the one set that I had taken out the box myself just cause I didn't want her touching my stuff ) and she almost went crazy , she was like " omg this is so beautiful " ( minus out the rest of her potty mouth comments Im gonna just keep to myself lol ,) I would be the talk of the streets with this makeup on , in my head im like she probably  doesn't have any clue on what " pigment " is and probably has no money and may even be high or druck and not even know what we were discussing,so I semi hesitated and asked her did she wanna buy it for real and she said " well you know what why not" , and this woman pulled out a raggedy 10 dollars out of her bra and handed it to me." here " now give me my makeup , total " switch " I mean you think this could have been a drug deal on how she just gets her money out and hands it to me and she gets her product and goes and walks away super fast like " bye boo " lol ...
now mind you im thinking she  looks like a once well put together woman , what happened in her life that could cause her to look so bad and feel that drugs and prostitution is her only way to make a living.,I just had so many thoughts in my head as I stood  out side of a big public place talking to a homeless woman, something I would never normally do  , I didn't even want anyone to know I was even talking to her really but thank god no one saw us lol.
The moral to this story is " never judge a book by its cover "  it may have not been much but I could have missed out on 10 dollars thinking this woman was up to something,I couldn't believe this woman just clearly gave me her last and only ten dollars for makeup and she has no " home " to me that is simply amazing.
now have I thought about it , maybe in her twisted mind she thought I was selling some new colored drugs lol , yeah but whatever Im hoping that the makeup can help her in whatever it is she does. the truth is everyone and every situation has a story behind it and reasons why things happen  but all we need to do is learn that no one is perfect , we all do at some point  make pretty silly decisions in our lives but we all are someones mother / father  , someones daughter / son  , someones aunt / uncle and some ones friend that others care a whole lot about and our choices should not make people love us less unless it affects them directly.
In my eyes the only race I see is " ignorance " I say this all the time ,the ability to be ignorant and not see things for what they are is a horrible trait to have   , being closed minded , not listing , not thinking out side the box , treating others like a lesser equal and not knowing the real deal can really make one a very blind and unrealistic person .If you think for one second you are exempt from being just like that person you see at rock bottom you are sadly mistaken.
For some reason this world only sees what it perceives to be true ,the truth seems to be hidden and a big secret all the time , but if you do not have the real in depth facts on why something or someone is the way they are and clearly are  not gonna try to  find it out or just making up what you may wanna believe to be true with out really knowing to me this is a display of  ignorance in my opinion.This situation is near and dear to me and I just wanted to share that with you all 
I really do wish that poor woman the best and to those who haven't quite yet picked it up , things are not what they always are perceived to be everything has 3 sides to it " their side , your side and the truth " ....